QuickBooks Desktop has some faults that can’t be overlooked, much as other accounting software. Problems with PDF & Print are just one of the several technical difficulties that QB users must deal with. In the article below, you’ll learn about the typical errors that are made for a variety of reasons. The problem can be quickly fixed using a tool called Print and PDF Repair.
The reasons for the PDF and print issues with QuickBooks Desktop:
The occurrence of errors is caused by several different reasons. Some of them are noted, including:
- There is a missing portion of the PDF record.
- Your QuickBooks Desktop is not up to date at this time.
- It’s possible to stop using a PDF converter.
- The print driver is no longer operational.
- The printer and framework are not connected.
- The introduction of Print programming is insufficient.
Troubleshooting Steps For QuickBooks Desktop PDF And Printing Issues:
After determining the actual causes, there are several methods that can be used. So, before using any methods, it’s crucial to understand the potential causes of the error:
Method 1: Verify the Off-Screen status of the Reconciliation Window.
If the PDF functions are enabled, the solution window could be seen outside of the screen if the QuickBooks desktop software locks up after selecting a solution from the banking menu.
In this situation, select “Window Menu” and check to see if the solution window is included or not.
Choose the Close option to restart the solution procedure.
Method 2: Renaming or Removing the Printer file
Changing the printer file’s name or removal
The user might delete the damaged file and create a new one if the previous solutions are unsuccessful in fixing the issue.
These are the steps involved in this process:
- To find the files, the user needs the first search.
- After that, try changing the files to “qbprint.old” and “wpr.old” rather than removing them.
- The process then moves on to running QuickBooks and opening the company file.
- The user must then choose the file and tap on Printer Setup after completing this step.
- The user must then choose any transaction from the form’s name before clicking OK.
- Resetting the printer settings in the user software requires completing the preceding procedure.
Method 3: Launch the QuickBooks Tool Hub’s QB Print & Print Repair Tool.
It is among the best fixes for PDF and printing problems. There are primarily two steps in this method:
Step 1: Install the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
Use Tool Hub on Windows 10 64-bit to improve your experience and assist you in resolving common problems.
- Initially, Quit QuickBooks Desktop.
- Next, I’d advise getting the most recent QB Tool Hub version.
- Save the document in a location that is simple to find.
- Open the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file you downloaded.
- Follow the directions provided by the installation wizards.
- Accept the terms and conditions that are prompted along with it.
- Double-click the icon to launch the Tool Hub once the installation is complete.
Step 2: Launch the Tool Hub’s QuickBooks PDF & Print Repair tool.
- Go to the QuickBooks Tool Hub’s Program Problems section.
- Select “QuickBooks PDF & Print Repair Tool” from the menu.
- Running takes a minute.
- Finally, try printing, emailing, or saving the file as a PDF once again from QB Desktop.
After restarting your computer, switch off the printer before turning it back on. Verify that the printer’s paper is loaded properly. Double-click Printers and Faxes in the Control Panel after clicking the Windows Start button. Right-click the printer and choose Use Printer Online if it says Offline.
The properties tab must first be chosen by right-clicking the QuickBooks desktop icon. By selecting the search target tab or opening the file location, move ahead. The install application or install.exe should then be double-clicked in order to install the PDF converter.
QuickBooks won’t be able to convert the file to a pdf if a Windows user doesn’t have the authority to print to the XPS Document Writer. To modify these permissions, you might have to log in using admin rights. Open Windows’ Printers Control Panel.